[OM] free, etc. Batteries (old)

Subject: [OM] free, etc. Batteries (old)
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 14:24:25 -0000
Gareth.J.Martin wrote

" I'm thinking of getting my OM-1n adjusted to take the new silver oxide
cells. Is this MR9 adapter a more viable alternative? Does it mean that
meter readings are still correct when used with the new cells? (I assume
so). Also does anyone know of a UK stockist or a US stockist who is
prepared to ship? I would rather buy this than have my camera taken
apart and away from me for a few days. Thanks!"

Two years ago I had Colchester Cameras convert my OM1 as part of a CLA (at no
extra charge). In fact I'm still using the battery they supplied.

Also I think the same chap who repairs cameras at LCE Worcester also spends
time at Bristol. He did a very good job on my OM2n (no battery conversion
needed). He also replaced the CdS cell on my Weston Master. It might be worth
checking them out.

You can also get 1.35V Zinc/air batteries from Jessops and others. They don't
have a long life, but I am using one succsefully (since Sept ) in another
camera which uses 1.35V.

Chris Barrett
Malvern