Re: [OM] Film vs. Digital in terms of $$$

Subject: Re: [OM] Film vs. Digital in terms of $$$
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:39:17 +0800
I was just about to say, that there are two roads to go, and I think both will get filled... eventually.

But I think a lighter, smaller, more portable 35mm replacement will be first; and the second will be a gradual replacement of the studio medium formats.

I for one would love to have sharper lenses and something like 6-8MP in a package smaller then my current OM.. Olympus is slow, and they don't do things by the book, but every once in a while, God smiles on them... Pen F series of the digital world, I can't wait.. But the problem is I might have to wait..and wait...and wait...

Albert

Really, a 5 pound hand holdable digital camera with lens is ridiculous. I see two directions from here: a smaller lighter digicam with about 10 megapixels equivalent to 35mm film and a 5 pound camera that will replace medium format.