Re: [OM] Zuiko 50/ vs Noctilux again

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 50/ vs Noctilux again
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:09:39 -0500
The hood in question was an ULTRA, ULTRA rare 21mm Nikon RF hood, of which
there are probably less than 50 known, maybe less.  Most users didn't buy
the hood, and those that did typically.....horrors of horrors.....used it
and it got dinged up.
The one that sold was in very nice condition and a couple of rabid, wealthy
Japanese collectors both decided that they had to have it, so the auction
fever set in.  Nikon RF gear has become ridiculously collectable over the
past 5-10 years, especially in Japan.

This isn't unheard-of behavior in the auction market, when unique or
hard-to-locate items appear and two or more committed buyers are in the
fray.

Skip