Re: [OM] Developers - AAAAARRRGGGHH !

Subject: Re: [OM] Developers - AAAAARRRGGGHH !
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 19:52:14 +0000
On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:44:53 -0000, "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Just had a very unpleasant argument with the girl behind the counter.  She
>kept explaining that the machine would take the average light reading across
>the frame, and that it would be best for my pictures that way.  I pointed
>her to some of the prints that they had grossly over-exposed and expressed
>over and over again that *I* will choose how I want my pictures exposed not
>*HER* and certainly not a bl**dy *MACHINE* !!!!  She still thinks that the
>machine knows best.   I GIVE UP !!!

Jon,

My son works in a photo retailer, although they send their stuff away
for processing. I believe there has been a big upheaval recently in
the major players for mass photo processing in the UK. I know his shop
has a lot more quality control complaints than they used to - he has
to deal with the complainers! I'll ask his advice as someone "on the
inside".

I have to confess it doesn't bother me too much as I process my own
:-)

Regards

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)