RE: [OM] Developers - AAAAARRRGGGHH !

Subject: RE: [OM] Developers - AAAAARRRGGGHH !
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 18:20:12 -0000
I shoot colour neg, 1/3rd stop or more underrated, and put the roll through
the cheapest lab I can find (about £4 at the local chemist). The prints, I
give to my wife, and then I scan the negs, play with them in Photoshop and
print the occasional one on an Epson 880 (cheap, cheerful and better than
the labs can do). Mostly I just show them on the computer.

This week I shall be sending a few of my scanned files off for printing by a
lab - hopefully to get high quality prints.

Standard lab printing is not good but I've never yet had a truly badly
developed film back. I've found neg to have a number of advantages over
slide... easier to expose, easier to scan, the set of prints act as both big
contacts and as a colour guide and finally my wife gets a set of prints all
of her own.

I'm using a Nikon Super Coolscan and it has been able to get details off
both negs and slides which has surprised me...

regards
Ian

PS I've also scanned archived stuff although one downer is that all the
relatives and neighbours want their stuff copied and 'improved' now.