Re: [OM] Developers - AAAAARRRGGGHH !

Subject: Re: [OM] Developers - AAAAARRRGGGHH !
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 18:51:54 +0000
My recommendation is switch to slide film and get a scanner (my recommendation as always is the Acer Scanwit - examples of scans from it can be found at http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/photo/scanstuff if you're interested). As to printing, depends how much you want to do. I only ever get my favourite slides enlarged, to 8x10 or 11x14, and that costs me GBP3 or GBP6 at the developers down the road from me, who do a very good job. Most of my photos I just put on my web page for people to see.

If you want to print out a few photos from each film, or all your photos, the expense of consumables would be much greater, but probably still cheaper than paying 10 quid for decent developing each time.

Roger