[OM] Fried 18v Motor drive contacts

Subject: [OM] Fried 18v Motor drive contacts
From: "Bob Fenstermacher" <bobfenstermacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:11:21 -0800

It's been awhile since I jumped in on any discussions.   Been learning a lot
though.  You guys and gals have been a wealth of
information-Thanks.

Got a question that I haven't seen brought up currently nor in archives .

I have two 18v hand grips for a couple of motor drive 1's that I have used for
my OM-1MD.  The motor drives work fine with the
normal rechargeable battery packs but occasionally, I've used the two 18v hand
grips that I've acquired over the years.  After
working for some time,  both of the 18v packs have fried the contacts at the
top and ruined the contacts on the Motor Drives 1 as
well.

Last Thanksgiving, at a 50th anniversary restaurant dinner for my in-laws, the
grip starts smoking.  I was thankful that the
sprinkler system didn't go off. Would have made for some great shots  though.

The normal pack on a third Motor Drive 1 works fine.  Haven't had any problems
since then.

What causes this?  Anyone else experience anything like it?  John, any
suggestions/comments?

TIA,

Bob F,  aka nwrecruiting-headhunter from Washington.