RE: [OM] taken from the Maitani site....

Subject: RE: [OM] taken from the Maitani site....
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:41:43 +1100
> Albert [mailto:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> This makes me sad.  Another one of my complaints about the Olympus
> digital line is the use of smart media.  CF will take a microdrive,
> which means 1gig options vs. only a 128Meg limit.  That's a huge
> difference.  What is stopping me from recommending Olympus C series
> cameras to people is that.  Higher prices for memory and less
> of it in an easier to break, less compatible package.

I think this has been discussed before, but Olympus and Fuji have
also created a new compact memory card, about the size of a postage
stamp. Currently they go up to 128Mb, with a 256Mb expected by
December. They are then anticipating following up with 512Mb,
1Gb and 8Gb cards (this is all from the October edition of the UK's
Practical Photography magazine).

...all of which probably doesn't help users of existing
cameras, unless they also develop a "converter" for the old
style, but the above is being developed in mind of the new
cameras.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz