Re: [OM] taken from the Maitani site....

Subject: Re: [OM] taken from the Maitani site....
From: "John Cwiklinski" <plinkochips@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:57:12 -0800
Bob Gries wrote:

I wonder what happened to the line that older OM lenses were not suited
to digital?
<<

I don't think this is going to happen. The lens (& camera) vendors are talking about a new universal (standard) mount for digital, probably N*k*n mount. I don't think they are including old lenses in their plans. Even their some of their old designs are not being carried forward. Why would they? Someone would have to develop an OM lens to digi camera body adapter for the OM lenses to work. Also, you would have to select the appropriate N*k*n or C*n*n algorithm for the lens to be recognized. Seems like too much trouble for the digi vendors.

John Cwiklinski