Re: [OM] Defecting to another camera brand??

Subject: Re: [OM] Defecting to another camera brand??
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:40:26 +0800
It helps to see things differently, because you get instant feedback, and also, you now take into consideration what the final display medium is probably going to be (computer screen). I took pretty good color photos, I looked for color over good composition; then I tried B&W and boy did I suck when the colors were taken out and I had to focus on the subject, instead of depending on the colors to make my photos interesting.

What I don't like about digital though; is some people have taken it as a "license" to photograph pretty much crap without thinking since it's "free". For example, my friend too 900 photos on his trip to England; he said about 700 of it was crap... So instead of taking his time to compose good pics, he snapped away, hoping for a crapshoot. He said it's a numbers game, I don't know if that's true. Ask people who shoot large format, at $6 a pull or more. I met a guy who shot about 30-60 pics a year, and sells about 10 to 12 of them a year. That's some seriously good ratio folks. If he took the digital mentality, he would have taken about 10,000 - 12,000 and still only sold 10-12.

Albert