Re: [OM] Defecting to another camera brand??

Subject: Re: [OM] Defecting to another camera brand??
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:16:05 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, 19 November, 2002 12:58 PM

> >Albert wrote:  Just like 135 won't replace 120 or large format, neither
> will digital
> replace any of them.  It's simply a new medium.<
>
> It is a new medium.  I too have shot over a thousand images in a few
months.
> In the last two days I shot 125.  I could not afford to shoot and have
> processed that many film photos.  I love the freedom to explore. I have
> improved in my photography since I went digital.  It's there for the doing
> if one wants to.
>
> Dave Dougherty

Dave ........ I found the opposite to be true when I ventured into 6x7
medium format. With each frame being considerably more expensive than 35mm I
became more selective in what I shot and gave a lot more thought to the
subject, composition, etc, etc before pressing the shutter release. I found
that my images improved, I shot less film, and I had a better but smaller
selection of images than had I been clicking away willy nilly with 35mm.
Just my experience, others' maybe be different ..... YMMV that is.

jh