Re: [OM] Re: continuous spot

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: continuous spot
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:57:16 +0100
>It seems to me that to use 'continuous' spot metering on an OM-4(T) in
>auto, you need to press the spot button first. That spot reading will then
>be averaged with the 'continuous' spot reading when you then press the
>shutter release.

I don't think so. Actual exposure is predicted by the bar graph; if you
only press once the spot button, the bar graph stays at the first spot
metering. You need to press the spot button a second time to average the
previous (fixed) diamond with the last (dancing) one.

The position of the dancing diamond has no effect on the bar graph, unless
the spot button is pressed.

Carlos Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<cjsantis@xxxxxxxx>