Re: [OM] Kodak's 14MP SLR

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak's 14MP SLR
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 13:09:08 -0700

Personally, the 14MP res is at a point where I'm starting to seriously
consider digital. What I'd like to see though is that resolution with
Foveon's X3 technology (or similar) which captures full RGB for every pixel
(instead of the current sensors which use 1/2 Green, 1/4 Red, and 1/4 Blue
which is then interpolated to full RGB). Fast and quiet AF, useable MF,
accurate metering, nice range of affordable high quality lenses, lightweight
(this is crucial for me), and good battery life. I'd love to see a manual
focus digicam but I don't think that will ever happen.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/

One does wonder that if regular CCDs and CMOS chips do not function well with wide angle lenses, then the problem may be even worse with the Foveon X3 when the pixels are stacked even deeper.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California