RE: [OM] [OT] Canon announces 11 Megapixel EOS

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Canon announces 11 Megapixel EOS
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:11:31 -0400
Hey Tom.  I think we list members very oftern forget that we are an extreme
minority.  My guess is that 99.9 per cent of the population will have no
need for 11x14 ability.  List members, by their nature, are "into"
photography.  Most digcams are marketed for the masses.  So
"megapixel-mania" will be used to say bigger is better.  The average person
will have no use for 10 or 20 megapixel cameras.

According to a local shop here in Ottawa (Focus Centre for the "Ottawa
Zuikos") nearly all digital purchasers know nothing about pixels, megapixels
and what is needed for great prints.

I am just tired of press releases taking of mega-pixels instead of build
quality, lens quality, etc.

Enjoy!!!!
-Bill

BTW I have 1 11x14 from our wedding, which is all most people have.