RE: [OM] [OT] Canon announces 11 Megapixel EOS

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Canon announces 11 Megapixel EOS
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:55:39 -0400
This is true for you, however, I also posted

"I am just tired of press releases taking of mega-pixels instead of build
quality, lens quality, etc."

The focus seems to be on megapixels only and nothing else.  This is why the
Olympus 2100uz has become a cult status and has kept its value; a great
camera, well built, with amazing features.

Lots of megapixels is fine, but if I am going to spend the bucks, I want a
camera to last.

My guess is that there is going to be a megapixel war with little attention
paid to a quality instrument.

Just my Canadian 3.1415927 cents worth.

-Bill