Re: [OM] More fuel for the Digi-Film debate?

Subject: Re: [OM] More fuel for the Digi-Film debate?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:38:32 -0400
To add a bit, what the camera is capable of doing 'in camera' is amazing.  I
find myself almost exclusively using the E-20 these days.  Blasphemy, I
know.  But not only are the results incredible, the amount of
post-processing work is small,small,small.  Not just the effort of scanning,
as that's pretty easy (I have a Nikon 4000 ED with the rollfilm adapter),
but the color manipulation, the right amount of unsharp mask, etc. etc. etc.

Do I still shoot, and love, film?  Sure.  But, digital is oh so close.

Tom

From: "dreammoose" <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
<snip>
 You may recall a list member providing a direct comparison between a
> digicam (E-10?) and an unadjusted scanned image from an OM and remarking
> how much better the digicam image looked. Another member (C.H.?)
> correctly pointed out that the digicam image already had been optimized
> in the camera for viewing at the resolution presented, while the scan
> had not.

<snip>