Re: [OM] OM Owner Emeritus

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Owner Emeritus
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 11:03:01 +0800
I have never try the Bessa, I only have hold and pay with one or two
(the -L or -R?) and I do feel they are well built and also look very
nice. But I can never rely on range finder as my main camera system,
taking a 35RC,RD,SP or XA as a second or third camera is the most I
will do. The range finder does not give me the confidence I will get
with the SLR, you almost "see" the result on the viewfinder! Not to
mention the accurate spot metering you can make by looking at the
viewfinder. How about the portrait I can get with my 180/2.8, the
beautiful flower and insect that I can capture with my 80/2, 90/2,
50/3.5 and the lovely 35 shift...? I can focus at any point with the
SLR without the limitation of the range finder, where you can only
focus with the range finder at the center and then move for
re-composition, not a funny thing to do. May be a super wide can let
you shoot fast without focusing but the super wide are not the only
lenses that I will use.

C.H.Ling