[OM] Oly Macro

Subject: [OM] Oly Macro
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:02:26 -0500
Matteo:

I agree with Thomas that you will eventually want an electronic body for
flash capability.  If you really want to spend the bucks, you can get
the -3Ti, or if you want to spend more on the lenses, I might go for a
-2s.  The -2n is great, but I don't like the TTL connectors, and with
the -2s, you at least have some spot capability.  The -4 series bodies
will work well also, but are a little more money.  I recently purchased
a 80/4 and 135/4.5 that have given excellent results.  The Auto Tube is
just genius, and I can't wait to get some of the really juicy lenses -
namely the 20/2 and 38/2.8.

Best luck on your endeavor, and keep us updated!

Bob

<snip>

I then tought to get a OM camera, a 20mm f/2 Macro and bellows and start
shooting...

Now, being new to this system, I don't really know what to choose...

I want a camera as much as possible mechanical (it has to work with no
batteries) and rugged enough to last a lifetime and a half... If then it
costs very few, the better..