Re: [OM] 28 vs 35

Subject: Re: [OM] 28 vs 35
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:34:13 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Matteo Indri wrote:

> Hi!

<SNIP>

> I then tought to get a OM camera, a 20mm f/2 Macro and bellows and start
> shooting...
>
> Now, being new to this system, I don't really know what to choose...
>
> I want a camera as much as possible mechanical (it has to work with no
> batteries) and rugged enough to last a lifetime and a half... If then it
> costs very few, the better...

Sounds like you want to get an OM1n in good condition, then send it off to
Clint on John H for a carefull CLA.

Although, with macro, you may end up wanting flash...in which case an
OM2n probably would come in handy. Look for a good one, and send to clint
or John to ensure that it will outlive you.......

> Please let me know what you think. And also if you used the 20 f/2 with
> bellows and what are your experiences with it.

Bellows are cool. Ain't got the 20/2, so I don't know thatone. Haven't
done that much macro atall, however with the arrival of a T8 flash
that seems to be changing for me. Now alll that's needed is time......

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx