Re: [OM] 28 vs 35

Subject: Re: [OM] 28 vs 35
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:58:32 +0200 (CEST)
> "In a steel cage death match, which one would you choose as the obvious
> winner?
>
> Any experience with these lenses?  Also, what other lenses would you use
> to compliment it?  I am thinking of the "minimal" kit of an OM-1n, 85/2,
> and ???"
>
> Bob,

Well....the 85/2 is a 49mm thread lens (and a darn fine lens it is). I
would pair it up with a 28/2.8 or a 28/2, which is also taking 49mm
filters.

The 35/2 is a 55mm lens. A fine lens, for sure, but you would have to
carry both 55 and 49mm filters around. If you don't mind that, or you
don't use filters, then this may not be an issue.

So...get both the 35/2 and the 28/2. Pair the 28/2 with your 85/2, and
start looking for an 100/2 to pair with the 35/2 in a 55mm filter
set. Then start looking for an extra body to make two complete kits...

I guess *that* would be the zuikoholic answer, right?

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx