Re: [OM] Coming back to his senses on Technology

Subject: Re: [OM] Coming back to his senses on Technology
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:54:07 -0700
Just back from a camping trip up at Huntington Lake with the family for the
past 5 days and catching up on digests. Nice "huge phlemblob" there Schnozz
;-) I got the reader's digest version today.

I can really relate to the "systems" approach. I see no reason to switch
from the OM system I have put together for shooting 35mm film. I can also
understand your desire to move to a MF system cautiously. I'm hoping my next
"system" to start building on will be from Olympus, and is supposedly going
to debut at Photokina in September--unfortunately, it won't use film though
:( Fingers crossed as I anxiously await the long rumored Olympus DSLR
"system."

To be honest, I'm not sure I would invest in starting over investing in any
new "system" that were locked into film. Nice thing about MF are the
interchangeable backs that pave the way to a digital back, in the system of
course.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com