Re: [OM] 28/2 or 35/2?

Subject: Re: [OM] 28/2 or 35/2?
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:38:10 +0200
Simply put, the 35/2 was my first Zuiko (and the only one for 7 years), and
this lens made me buy an expensive Contax system (Carl Zeiss glass)... [OK,
flame me; I can hear the black helicopters :-)]

On the other hand, the 28/2 is one of my most recent purchases, and now I'm
thinking of selling the Zeiss stuff!

I also have the 21/3.5, and I like it _very_ much. Now I'm trying to get a
40mm ;-). The 21-28-40 (plus 135) are my favourite focal lengths.

Now seriously: I find the 35/2 awfully soft when wide open - however it
gets better at f/2.8, and is very good from f/4 and beyond.

The 28/2 is _really_ sharp at any aperture, with high contrast and the
smoothest, sweetest bokeh I've ever seen! Though, maybe distortion is not
its best feature, but I don't care about it.

Carlos Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<cjsantis@xxxxxxxx>