RE: [OM] Best Tri-pod for OM

Subject: RE: [OM] Best Tri-pod for OM
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:09:55 -0600
> Of all the pods out there which is best for the OM bodies
> and why?

 I don't think the fact you're putting OM bodies on it makes much difference
-- if you were putting huge heavy field cameras on it, it might change
things, I guess, but OM bodies and lenses are light enough that it shouldn't
be a big problem. (unless you have the 1000/6.5 or something, I guess).

 It's pretty much impossible to answer the question without knowing what you
want from your tripod. The best one for size and weight will be the worst
for stability, and vice versa. Then, at a given size, there's the price -vs-
weight argument -- carbon fiber is lighter than aluminium, but a lot more
expensive.

 -- dan