RE: [OM] Which NiMH batteries to choose?

Subject: RE: [OM] Which NiMH batteries to choose?
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:59:29 +0200
Hi,

Alright, the other day I went out and bought a loader. You guys might be
interested in a very short review of it.

As you'll remember, I already had 4 GP 1300 mAH batteries. It turns out that
my GP 1 loader is broken, causing it to only recharge 2 of the 4 batteries.

So, not only were more batteries desired, but also a new loader. The GP2 and
GP3 will not work with batteries that have a lower capacity than the ones
they are specified for, so the 1300 mAH batteries can't be used in those
loaders (that is, according to GP). However, both the GP Smart and the GP
Rapid do accept all of them. The former one was a bit out of financial reach
at 79.95 Euro (= almost the same amount in dollars, USD), but the other one
is not bad at all at 59.95 Euro. Both loaders come with 4 1800 mAH
batteries.

Some more pleasant surprises:
-The loader accepts AA, AAA and 9V (!) batteries.
-The loader can also be used for NiCD batteries!
-The loader weighs less than the GP1
-The loader woeks quite fast, and as opposed to the GP 1, the LEDs turn off
when the batteries are fully charged, handy.

All in all, this is a very nice loader, which may be a bit expensive to buy,
but which will save in the long run.

Cheers!
Olafo