[OM] C-2500L digital problem

Subject: [OM] C-2500L digital problem
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 21:32:19 +0200
I have a problem with a C-2500L digital camera.

I have met the same problem in two different cameras, as it happens
the only two I have ever had in my hands. Therefore I expect that it
is a commen problem.

It has to do with the door for the memory card compartment. Every now
and then the camera refuses further work saying on the LCD 'memory
door open' (or something of that kind)
Obviously the little pin pushing a switch inside when the door has
been closed is a bit too short...

I wonder if other people know this problem, and if Olympus perhaps has
a good solution for it. I now use a piece of gaffer tape on the door
pin, just giving enough extra length/thickness to make the annoying
behaviour disappear - but I would expect that the problem has been met
more professionally by Olympus or by other users...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.