Re: OT: "fortunate" was [OM] What's up with Pricing?

Subject: Re: OT: "fortunate" was [OM] What's up with Pricing?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 06:55:34 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> At 04:01 PM 6/28/2002 -0400, Larry wrote:
> >Yes, you are fortunate as you know from what you see around you.
Unfortunately
> >the rule is that how hard someone works does NOT directly connect to how
> >successful they are. There are intangiable, and many times uncontrollable
> >factors that play a much more important role.
>
> That's true. I always thought that for example, teachers should earn a
heck
> lot more. I grew up VERY poor in Hong Kong (ask CH where some of the slums
> are, I bet the government project I lived in is still there, and we were
> the "lucky" ones because our shanty houses were burned down and we were
> relocated to real buildings. Think communal bathrooms and family of 8 in
> ONE room. No, not one bedroom, one room) But this is getting pretty far
OT....

Haha, the teachers here in Hong Kong do earn a lot more than the others,
especially the one work in post secondary education. They are higher than a
department manager in a medium size company, ok say over US$6000 per month.
I consider I was not VERY poor but was lived in a 200 sq feet flat with five
people until I was 22, fortunately we had our own bathroom (and toilet) of
around 12 sq feet :-)

C.H.Ling