Re: OT: "fortunate" was [OM] What's up with Pricing?

Subject: Re: OT: "fortunate" was [OM] What's up with Pricing?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:53:21 -0700
At 04:01 PM 6/28/2002 -0400, Larry wrote:
Yes, you are fortunate as you know from what you see around you. Unfortunately
the rule is that how hard someone works does NOT directly connect to how
successful they are. There are intangiable, and many times uncontrollable
factors that play a much more important role.

That's true. I always thought that for example, teachers should earn a heck lot more. I grew up VERY poor in Hong Kong (ask CH where some of the slums are, I bet the government project I lived in is still there, and we were the "lucky" ones because our shanty houses were burned down and we were relocated to real buildings. Think communal bathrooms and family of 8 in ONE room. No, not one bedroom, one room) But this is getting pretty far OT....

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]