Re: [OM] Auto wonderbrick fool!!! long

Subject: Re: [OM] Auto wonderbrick fool!!! long
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:51:02 -0700
Great post Adam. A certain track photographer at Laguna Seca who just
started using a D30 looked at me and asked about my E-10 a couple of times
earlier this year, each time saying "How does that work for you? I was going
to get one of those but decided it's too slow for motorsports and got a used
D30 instead." He made a transition from AF wunderbricks into what made sense
for him. I'm finding that if I shoot exactly the same way (with the E-10) as
I do with my OMs that it does quite a nice job. It all depends on what
you're comfortable working with I guess. There is no luck involved with
shooting action with pre-focus and release point timing, and other
traditional MF techniques. Alternatively, there isn't as much skill (but one
still must have a clue, don't get me wrong) involved when pointing a $10,000
body lens combo in the correct general direction and blasting off 7-10fps,
only to do your real photo creation later on at the light table when you
edit out that one slightly better shot that looks almost the same as those
other 9 you got in that burst. It is unbelievable the amount of film I see
some go through with their wunderbricks.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com