RE: [OM] Auto wonderbrick fool!!! long

Subject: RE: [OM] Auto wonderbrick fool!!! long
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:38:20 +0200
Hi Adam,

> Olaf, I don't think I am going to have time to send you a link of a
> completed page of water shots before you leave.

That's fine, no worries, such an update can be made at a later time as well.

> up this weekend but if not I thankyou for doing all that you do in running
> the TOPE events.

You're welcome!
But...

> It's always great to see the works and talents of our Olympus community,
so many
> talented photographers...

...this is what really makes TOPE! So, credit where credit is due: thanks to
all of you who help to make TOPE a success! :)

> I was quite happy to get up and show the club the two photos of Dog Gone
and
> Crazy Horse which have won competitions for me and then asked him if he
> thought  it would be possible to take these photos on a manual camera. His
> answer was it would have to be a very lucky shot!! I told him that they
most
> certainly were not . All it involved was pre-setting the cameras shutter
> speed and aperture, prefocusing and just waiting for that "Moment!"

Hehehe, indeed. Weird that such a guy would make statements like that;
that's pretty poor!

> I think that is the beauty of our beloved OM system, we adapt to what we
> have available to us and our skills quickly become fine tuned in handling
> our equipment to it's full potential. Those poor souls that beleive that
the
> auto everything wonderbricks can be set on press here dummy are I think
> sadly clouded by electronic fusion of the brain!

Definitely!
At times I'd like the lenses to be AF though, but all the other typical
wonderbrick features; naaaaah!

Cheers!
Olafo