[OM] Auto wonderbrick fool!!! long

Subject: [OM] Auto wonderbrick fool!!! long
From: "Bolty" <boldbolty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:25:52 +1000
Cc: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Olaf, I don't think I am going to have time to send you a link of a
completed page of water shots before you leave. I will try and put something
up this weekend but if not I thankyou for doing all that you do in running
the TOPE events. It's always great to see the works and talents of our
Olympus community, so many talented photographers... It's funny just the
other night the manager of AWB who runs our camera club was saying how you
could never expect to get great shots when switching a camera to manual
(including focus) because of the time spent setting the camera and not then
leaving you time to concentrate on composition and that "Certain moment!". I
was quite happy to get up and show the club the two photos of  Dog Gone and
Crazy Horse which have won competitions for me and then asked him if he
thought  it would be possible to take these photos on a manual camera. His
answer was it would have to be a very lucky shot!! I told him that they most
certainly were not . All it involved was pre-setting the cameras shutter
speed and aperture, prefocusing and just waiting for that "Moment!"
I think that is the beauty of our beloved OM system, we adapt to what we
have available to us and our skills quickly become fine tuned in handling
our equipment to it's full potential. Those poor souls that beleive that the
auto everything wonderbricks can be set on press here dummy are I think
sadly clouded by electronic fusion of the brain!
Cheers Adam