[OM] Motor drive caps

Subject: [OM] Motor drive caps
From: "mike blayney" <mikeblayney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:07:46 +0000
Hi there,
I seem to remember a thread some time ago explaining that there were 2 types of battery cover cap - one (I think) was a screw fitting and the other had 2 prongs or something. Does the same situation hold for motor drive caps or are they all the same? Anyone have a definitive list of which type of cap fits which OM? My OM2SP are both screw fitting (except that I've only got one cap!!)

I'm anticipating being able to get some spares from one of you guys on that side of the pond. I've been unable to locate any here in the UK.

My wife was very reluctant to a recent birthday (60th) funding of a move to slides. She's now viewed some and is bowled over by their impact. After much searching we dug out about 500 slides taken in the 60s and 70s (mainly kids, weddings, bla bla) and enjoyed a very pleasant nostalgic trip.

Most of these old slides were very dirty but the worst also had what appeared to be some sort of black mould growth. Any suggestions as to the best way to clean this? I used lens cleaning fluid on some of them which was partially effective.

Mike Blayney, Devon (sunny), UK.