[OM] wow nice OM1n today !!

Subject: [OM] wow nice OM1n today !!
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:02:27 -0300
Some days are made for living.
   I picked up my MINT chrome OM1n today at Canada Post. My first 1n. This
beauty looks like it just rolled out of the showroom! There is something
about these that are just fun to handle isn't there? Classic! Even more so
than a VW beetle.
   The top looks perfect. Leather is perfect. Everything funtions perfectly.
Where are the marks that were supposed to be on the bottom plate?.... well,
I guess they might be there if you look really close. Some thoughtful person
even included, unexpectedly, a nice 50/1.8 as a body cap. Nice little extra
to include there, Thanks. Even strap rings are included. I should have had
Marten's free strap.... oh well, I think this one will get a genuine olympus
leather strap, per C.H. Ling.
    Oh, And look in here, you have to see this! A genuine 625 battery
installed! Another nice surprise. Haven't seen one of those in a while.
Thanks again.
   This thing is as close to mint as I've seen. Well, the shoe 4 is properly
cracked. But this thing even has the passed sticker. Can I leave that on
just a little while?
   Oh oh, what's this? George, you forgot to install a film!  Okay, I can
find one of those. This thing deserves a Kodak Portra, or Kodachrome
64....decisions, decisions.
   This newest and welcome member will definitely be riding along with the
OM2s on our trip to Toronto on Thursday. Speaking of that, can anyone
recommend some good places to shoot some film in the city or within an hour
or two of North York? I might have some time to fill in while my wife visits
with her two sisters there. Or maybe somewhere to browse around a big city
camera store? Us Maritimers don't get that chance too often. (Hmmm, now,
what do I put together for a kit for this trip?)

One happy customer,
Wayne

PS. Oh Yes. George, the money will be happily coming your way!