Re: [OM] wow nice OM1n today !!

Subject: Re: [OM] wow nice OM1n today !!
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:40:54 -0700
One of our resident pros recommended removing the trim ring with twisting pressure from a rubber stopper to break the glue loose. The pin holes in the nut underneath are the same spacing as those on the trim ring, but they usually are not lined u,p so using a spanner to try to turn the very thin trim ring is truly an invitation to scratching it up. The Beljan tool has cylindrical pins of exactly the right size and with square ends, so it's the least likely to scratch. The kind of spanners I have from Micro-Tools will inevitably scratch up the trim ring. Once the trim ring is off, lots of tools are suitable for removing the nut. I used a pair of snap ring pliers before I got the Beljan tools and any multispan wrench should work.

Do you already know how to remove the rewind knob? It's not quite straightforward.

Moose

Wayne Culberson wrote:

Also, if I do have to take it apart for this in the near furture, does anyone
know where
can I buy a correct pin spanner?