Re: [OM] Looking for advice on Party Pics

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for advice on Party Pics
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 01:33:11 -0400
Yes, that would be me.  :)  Part of having cool toys is flashing them at
parties.  I must pass this along though.  In New Orleans, I had so much
"fun" (alright it was tequila) that I didn't focus all weekend!  I guess
everything looked wonderful through the viewfinder, who knows?  If I had an
autofocus digital, I'd probably just use that once to see how it works out.

I like to shoot people from waist-high at parties.  It makes them tower in
the pictures, like in the olden days of waist-level 620 cameras and to me,
that's how people should LOOK at parties.  It's all about the personalities
and not the wall behind them.

If you do use an OM, I suggest using Manual flash instead of TTL (which
might try to expose for a neutral grey wall behind the subject, blowing out
their faces.)  It's a little slower but hey, it's a party.  Who's in a
hurry?  Besides, it's a conversation starter which is another good reason to
take the serious rig.

Lama