Re: [OM] Looking for advice on Party Pics

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for advice on Party Pics
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:11:59 +1000 (EST)
If it were me id use the following;

OM2-N / Winder 2 / BG2 (maybe not totally necessary) / T32 (including extra
body just in case if you have one & including plenty of spare batteries for
your flash (camera and winder batteries too!)

28mm, 50mm lens and a 135mm is perfect. I usually have a 50 attached to one and
my 135mm attached to another. 28mm comes out for large group photos that is
hard to fit everyone else in when using a focal length any higher.

If it is at night (which I guess it would be) use Fuji Press ISO 800 - simply
the best ISO 800 print film ever made (- 1/3 stop when using flash). When not
using a flash and there is sufficient light, push the film to ISO 1600 and see
the results. The 135mm @ f2.8 should do the trick at probably 1/60th sec (Some
times its nice to have a few pictures touched with lighting instead of a flash
- especially portraits).

Plus.............. a safe place to store all your photographic equipment when
you want to join in on the party. I often do club photography and always end up
putting it away for at least 30mins to take a break from the photos - it can
actually get to you after  a while, especially when everyone elese is drinking!

Remember, the main aim of the game is to have fun and enjoy it. When you enjoy
it - the smiles in your photos will come out as a result of your energy.

Hope that helps!

Damo