Re: [OM] Looking for advice on Party Pics

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for advice on Party Pics
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 02:07:13 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Barry B. Bean wrote:

> Personally, my party rig is normally a my 21/3.5 set to f8 and
> hyperfocal, although everything from 16 to 28 will do just fine. What
> works for me is to take advantage of the hyperfocal to use my camera
> as a point & shoot, and I shoot a lot of waist-level looking up shots.

Using a wide has its merits, I agree. However I do find that for those
isolated shots of people at a table etc. I find it gives too much depth of
field, including too many details in the background. Also, it does give
too much distortion of perspective of peoples faces, unless really
carefull.

Of course, it all depends on the type of party. For mixing in a crowd and
getting shots of people, a wide is definitely the way to go....

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx