Re: [OM] Someone's making OM Caps!

Subject: Re: [OM] Someone's making OM Caps!
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:14:38 -0700
You may recall I mentioned in late March that I was in contact with Joe at Beljan and he was well along on producing OM-1 & 2 battery and MD caps, but hadn't found anyone who could match the Oly chrome plating. He e-mailed me that he found the plater he needed and would start selling on eBay today. He sounds like a stickler for detail and his goal was to make them indistinguishable from the originals. He even has the black caps plated before painting just like Oly did and had custom paint made up for them. I don't have mine yet, but expect them to be very nice.

We've talked a little about other possible tools, but not other Oly parts. Is there really a market for bottom plates, or just for refinishing them?

Moose

M. Lloyd wrote:

Someone apparently got fed up with the non
availability of these caps and made a bunch up. They
are a bit expensive at $15-16.75 but apparently that
includes free shipping. Of course no affiliation but I
am definitly excited about this. a dream of the list
has been fulfilled by this guy. Maybe if he sells out
he'll make more...