Re: [OM] opinions on 50/2 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] opinions on 50/2 macro
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 18:12:35 -0700
> ....... to this point, the 50/2 doesn't seem to really have a huge, positive
> following....

My 2 ¢. I like it! It goes in the bag for everyday use. Or 50/1.4 when I
need that extra stop. Ditto on what others have said about the size,
brightness etc. One thing no one has mentioned about the 50/2 and what
surprised me when I first got my hands on mine. That is the fact that
when the lens is fully extended there is a yawning cavern deep into the
bowls of the lens. And while it still may be difficult for dust to get
into the lens elements it sure seems like it would be easy to get crud
into the mechanism. And mine isn't as smooth to focus as other lenses.
You really have to be careful when changing lenses in the field.

Mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West