[OM] opinions on 50/2 macro

Subject: [OM] opinions on 50/2 macro
From: "james olson" <jolson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 18:23:56 pst
Thank you for all your responses on my original question.  To clarify my
original
posting, I love the quality of the 50/3.5 for normal photography, but I find
it too slow for the low light, handheld shooting I enjoy doing.  As I have a
50/1.2, I was pondering selling the 50/3.5 and 50/1.2 to acquire a 50/2 if the
feedback seemed very positive.  (I'm trying to get 1 lens at each focal length
I want, and have less lenses.)

But to this point, the 50/2 doesn't seem to really have a huge, positive
following.

If anyone in the Northwest (Portland area) owns a 50/2 and would like to "trade"
or swap lenses for a few days, I have a pretty fair OM selection, including
a 100/2.

It's hard to plunk down $350 for a lens you've never seen or used, so I really
appreciate the 50/2 opinions given.

James.