Re: [OM] Digital Back, Again

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Back, Again
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 08:25:01 -0400
  I was just reading an article in the PEI mag on the new pro
kodak/nikon digital camera (DCS 720x).  Things like burst mode (4.3 fps)
up to 25 frames, selectable ASA up to 4000.  But most interesting of
all, it uses ANY nikon F5 mount lenses.  It also has averaging, center
weighted and spot metering.  (MSRP $6,995).
  I guess that the point is, why can't Olympus train (or even buy) an
optical engineer that has the knowledge to employ standard film body
lens on a digital body.  Everybody else seems to have the capability !