[OM] (ot) Mamiya Press Super 23

Subject: [OM] (ot) Mamiya Press Super 23
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 18:51:43 -0700 (PDT)
Well I decided to take the plunge and get a MF camera.
I decided this based on a guy I met at the George
Eastman House who was carrying one of these and said
that I could get one for around $250 on E-bay and get
a great MF camera. Well take a look at this auction I
guess he was right... Item # 1351303937 . This camera
look like it is in nice shape (save for a few dents
that look like normal use stuff) and has been used
pretty recently. I especially like the fact that the
lens and film back appear to have had a recent CLA.

What I am asking is if 1. this is a good deal I got?
2. will I enjoy using this camera like I do my OM's?
or is it a Rube Goldberg camera? 3. what focal length
is 100mm in 35mm terms? 4. What are your general
impressions of this camera? good bad or indifferent?
TLR's are intimidating since I've never even tried to
use one and even a Mamiya 645 is more expensive than I
want to try. Cheaper than that you get into cameras
that have 'issues' tha I'm not wanting to deal with .

I realize that I probably won't get a good lightmeter
(if this camera has one at all?) but then again I have
an OM-4t which has one of the best lightmeters around
right?

Thanks in advance for your input

Mark Lloyd