Re: [OM] Re: 250 f/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 250 f/2
From: "Tim Chakravorty" <suchismit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 21:10:13 -0700
I am just curious. Other than  speed, does anyone know how the 250/2 compares
to the Nikkor 300/2.8 , or even the Nikkor
300/4 , say 1 or 2 stops from max aperture? On 35mm can you really tell the
difference..? I am sure its a fabulous piece
of glass despite the fact that it uses  1984 coating technology, but does it
make economic sense to own one (again if
if speed is not so much of an issue)...or is it for (as Phil Greenspun would
say) ..the "small penised" ?  :)

-Tim