Re: [OM] HELP: Horribly scratched slides and negatives!

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP: Horribly scratched slides and negatives!
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:47:25 -0400
It appears the scratches are perfectly straight and parallel to each other.
Look for fine particles caught perhaps in the dimples of the pressure plate.
I had several rolls of scratched film (scratches always in the same place)
so I found that even after wiping the pressure plate down with alcohol,
there was one stubborn piece of grit stuck in a dimple on the pp. Close
inspection with a loupe and prodding with a fresh #11 blade solved the
problem.
If scratches are not running parallel to the edge of the film, are curved
and go all over the place, it is more likely they happened after the film
was processed.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,