[OM] Re: OM-4t and F280

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4t and F280
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:37:39 -0700
On last Sunday I was shooting the Christening of my grandson as mentioned in
a previous post.  Prior to going to the church I took some shots using the
OM-4t set to Auto and the F280 on SuperFP.  I forgot to set the F 280 to
"NORMAL".  I had set the shutter to 1/60th.

I took a few shots of my grandson asleep in a carrier and noticed that the
LED in the viewfinder was reading "UNDER".  The LED was indicating 1/8
second.

I set the F280 to "NORMAL" and shot again.  The "AUTOCHECK" light blinked as
it should and I proceeded with the shoot thinking that those first shots
would be ruined as I had set the flash wrong.

When I got the processed photos back from the lab I discovered that all of
the shots done with the flash set to "SUPERFP" and the camera to "AUTO" with
shutter at 1/60 were properly exposed and sharp.  As I could not have hand
held the camera at it's indicated 1/8th setting and gottena sharp photo I
can only conclude that the flash was firing and, due to the relatively low
light in the church, the flash duration became the effective shutter speed.

In any event the flash did fire with the LED indicating 1/8th second.

Dave Dougherty