Re: [OM] HELP: Horribly scratched slides and negatives!

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP: Horribly scratched slides and negatives!
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:59:14 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, --p.j. wrote:

> My 4T is scratching my slides to pieces.
> The scratches are white on the slide and there are all over the slides.

If they're white when projected, then that probably means the scratches have
gone though the emulsion.  See if you can determine which side of the film the
scratches are on.  There are very few places in the camera where the emulsion
can make contact with the body.  If the lab didn't use a dip & dunk process
to develop the film, I would also suspect their equipment.  I've also had
slides scratched by the lab's automatic mounting machine.
                                        -mark