[OM] HELP: Horribly scratched slides and negatives!

Subject: [OM] HELP: Horribly scratched slides and negatives!
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:40:18 -0400
Take a look at this photo folks!
http://www.lunarpages.com/johnsonpa/scratches6.jpg
for an even larger version go here:
http://www.lunarpages.com/johnsonpa/scratches5.jpg
(yes, the scan stinks, but that is another matter :-)

My 4T is scratching my slides to pieces.
The scratches are white on the slide and there are all over the slides.
It seems like each roll has a seperate set of scratches that are pretty
uniform throughout the roll.  Sometimes some get added and a few go away
during the roll.  In any case, what you can see in the photo are only the
ones that are visible after scanning and resizing.  The slides are covered
in scratches that don't show up in the photo.  Some are fractions of a
milimeter apart as well. There doesn't seem to be a top-to-bottom preference
either.
Anybody have any suggestions?

muchos gracias,
--p.j.