Re: [OM] church photos - follow-up (FujiNPH 400)

Subject: Re: [OM] church photos - follow-up (FujiNPH 400)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 09:37:53 -0800 (PST)
Nice shots.  Fuji NPH is a nice film.  Had Kodak not introduced
Provia, I would have stuck with the Fuji.  Clean, warm and tends
to "glow".  But you are right, it does need to be downrated a
bit.  In my experience NPH ALWAYS produces thin negatives.  Is
this by design?

> The 35 shift has again proven its weight in gold.  Everyone
> NEEDS to
> have one of these lenses!! Seriously.

Agreed.  Once in a while I regret trading mine off.  Instead,
I've gone to using my 24/2.8 and cropping the final picture.

> I wish I could have used the 200/4 for some, but I
> would need to get faster film, or a more powerful flash.

My Vivitar is the equivelent of a T32 with zoom head.  In my
case it's a full-stop faster.

AG-Schnozz