RE: [OM] OM series durability so why digital?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM series durability so why digital?
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 09:16:45 -0500
I agree here.  My OM 1 will outlast most things I bet.  This brings up the
digital issue again.  With no one out there able to service the digital
stuff (like John and Clint do with our "old" stuff) what happens when there
is a failure.  Well, you trash your $  Over the Easter weekend, I had 2
friends have 900 Coolpixes crap out.  Word is, with no warranty, it is
cheaper to buy a new one!!!!  Glad I don't have to spend $1000 Canadian
every couple years to get my OM going.  Maybe John and Clint should charge
more ;-)

-Bill