RE: [OM] OM series durability so why digital?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM series durability so why digital?
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 06:26:02 -0800
Analogy;  people used to get their 'typewriters' serviced, repaired, up to
and including things like IBM selectrics.  Now, their word processing
equipment is obsolete before it's turned on and completely warmed up at
home, so 'repair & service' is out the window.  I'm seeing eerily similar
mentality and mind-set here at Fluke.  Our parent company possesses several
companies within its' portfolio, and one of our current CEOs, who's resident
here at Fluke, stated that if he had his druthers, we'd be out of the
service business altogether.  Doesn't send any warm fuzzies my direction, as
I happen to work in service.  The only 'real' money to be made is in sales,
I guess.  Not too sure our customers that purchase $40k calibrators would
appreciate that philosophy.