RE: [OM] church photos - tripod and flash

Subject: RE: [OM] church photos - tripod and flash
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 12:25:45 -0500
At 09:52 4/4/02, Bob Gries wrote:
John:

Actually, I kept most of them on a tripod as the BG2, T32, camera and
lens combo can get heavy after a while.  It took a little more fiddling
with the tripod, but as long as I set up for the shot and waited, I
didn't feel like I missed anything.

I've used this combination before . . . with a Winder 2! It can get heavy after a while hand held. Wrist strap on the BG2 helps greatly.

In looking at my old Metz 402 last night, I figure that I can use this
instead of buying something else.  Even at diminished capacity, it was
still giving me the f4 at 50 ft (ASA 250) that I needed.  The other good
thing about this flash is the capacity of the battery unit.  I put 4 "C"
batteries through 4 rolls of film and began to see the longer recycle
times.

Out of curiosity, what is the "era" of the Metz 402? Wondering what the trigger voltage is on them. If it's the model I'm thinking of, it's an older potato masher and I've seen a number of them on the used market.

BTW, I've found it very wise to check trigger voltages on old flash units. I have two, a old Rollei and an old Sunpak I don't dare use on the OM-4 or OM-2S (they'd be OK on the OM-1n).

Thanks,

-- John